Thursday, April 2, 2009

Words of Comfort


Today has been a trying day. But in retrospect, it's as if God was preparing me for it. I've been dog-tired and a little inexplicably fearful for the past two days. I didn't know why, I couldn't put my finger on a cause. But this morning, when I read my assigned Bible passages (1 Psalm, 1 chapter from Acts, 2 chapters from Exodus; don't worry, this used to be painfully hard for me to read. I can't believe how fast I read all this now, and how much I enjoy it! It's so bizarre! I don't even recognize myself!), I stumbled upon two verses that gave my heart comfort, especially later in the day when I really started to fear.

Psalm 42:11
"Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God."

Exodus 33:11
"So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend."

I'm still scared, and still not sure what to expect or what to do, but remembering that God thinks of me as His FRIEND blows my mind, and gives me a bit of comfort. Pray for me. Thanks.

-x-
aarti

No comments:

 
all text and photographs on aartilla the fun © 2005-2009 Aarti Sequeira unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.