Thursday, August 2, 2007

Which plague is it?




The bugs continue to be attracted to the Sequeira-McNamara abode. First it was the ants. Now some their bigger, nastier cousins are following suite.

The other morning, I swear I saw a 4-inch locust or grasshopper thing. I heard it before I saw it... it was getting ready to flutter away... that papery, pulsing buzzing. yaaaaah! scary! It bounced away before I could take a photo though.

However, I did manage to snap a shot of this fellow. These prehistoric, rainforest looking beetles have already flown in the house twice. Each time they've landed on their backs, silently wriggling their spiny legs in the air. They are the most amazing emerald green, and look quite fierce except that when they're on their backs, they're completely helpless. I managed to tip this guy back on his feet multiple times, but I think he had hurt his wings, because he couldn't take off. So I had to leave him outside on an envelope and hope that he would figure it out while I was away. By the time I got back home, he had disappeared.

I'm not sure which one of the plagues these guys would fit into but let's hope this is the end of it!

-x-
aarti

No comments:

 
all text and photographs on aartilla the fun © 2005-2009 Aarti Sequeira unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.