Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Who do you love?


I'm reading John Piper's Pleasures of God... but not without being a cliche and literally judging the book by its cover. I looked its generic nature scene and decided, eh, that book is not going to to be for me.


But then Bren read it, and couldn't stop talking about how it good it is, and was walking around all joyful and annoying.

Ha!

So, now I'm reading it. And by reading, I mean, I read the introduction yesterday.

But what I've read so far is wonderful, a gentle reminder that God loves being God, and delights in doing good things for us. Phew!

I love the quote that inspired the whole book, so I'm sharing it with you!

"The worth and excellency of a soul is to be measured by the object of its love." - Henry Sougal

Ponder that for a bit, while I edit the next episode of Aarti Paarti.

-x-

aarti

No comments:

 
all text and photographs on aartilla the fun © 2005-2009 Aarti Sequeira unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.