Monday, December 1, 2008

Conflicted

Far be it from me to get in the way of my people's shot at making a living; especially after years of colonization, corruption and poverty, but this scares me; a small paper in Pasadena has outsourced all its reporters to India. And they cover... Pasadena.

I think it works for this guy because he only has a small number of reporters working for him, so it's easy for him to walk each one through not only Pasadena issues, but American journalism style. Fingers crossed, this isn't the wave of the future for newspaper giants like the New York Times. Again, I don't to underestimate the ability of my bretheren at covering the news; it's just, you need to be where the news IS to cover it.

-x-

aarti

No comments:

 
all text and photographs on aartilla the fun © 2005-2009 Aarti Sequeira unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.