Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Looking Kool at Krav

Bren has been taking Krav Maga, for the past 5 months or so. Not only has he shed a ton of weight and got all muscley (whee!) as a result, but he's walking with more confidence in himself, and an overall sense of joy that comes from letting out all your latent Irish-brawling tendencies first thing in the morning with other similarly-challenged brutish men.

Believe it or not, Bren wakes up at 6a so that he can make the 7a class... an enormous accomplishment in itself since Bren is unbelievably opposed to the hours on the clock between 3a and 11a. :) But I get it; he's shown me a few moves, and I have to say that I get a little rush out of it, because the moves helped me manipulate (and HURT) a guy as big as Bren, with only a small amount of effort. whooppeee!

Anyway, a long time ago, when Bren started growing his hair out, he started collecting bandanas to hold his hair back when we went to the gym. That meant he was dipping into my stash, and that just wouldn't do (!) so when I was at Target, I picked up some uber-cheap ones, less than $1 a piece, that caught my eye. They've been added to Bren's Bandana Rotation ever since.

Today, Bren was wearing one of them, and his partner finally said or probably grunted, "What the heck are you wearing on your head?"

It was this one.

They are the stupidest bandanas ever.

And yet, we both love them.

I mean, what's not to love? First off, the bright colors mean you'll never be lost in a crowd -- a HUGE fear of mine.

Second, the odd cartoon characters lure you over with their lashes, only to kinda freak you out with their expressions.

And last, but by no means least, there are the audacious but absurd statements stamped across them like, "I have no excuses for my behaviour!" or "Not my problem!" with the grump-puss looking frog. You can't help but be puzzled by them, and yet I challenge you not to laugh when you see Bren throwing a fierce flying knee with one of these beauties wrapped around his sweat-drenched head.

And so they remain a part of the McSequeira closet. I thought I would share a few pics of the other ones. Enjoy!


3 comments:

shinfain said...

i think the turtle one is my favorite, pic-wise...

look at that fricking turtle!

it's SO not his problem!!

crazy turtle...

aartilla the fun said...

oh. i thought it was a frog.

KooolOut said...

One must be stylish when kicking some ass. - That comment is so lame... but whatever i commented.

 
all text and photographs on aartilla the fun © 2005-2009 Aarti Sequeira unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.