Monday, October 6, 2008

Just the Facts, Ma'am

First off, I would just like to wish my wonderful mother a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Yipppeeeee! I won't mention how old she is, but let's just say you would be surprised because she still looks so young. :)

Secondly, there have been so many half-truths uttered by both sides in this political campaign (in my opinion, more by one side than the other...) that it's hard to know when they're uttering facts and when they're... "conjecturing."

If you haven't already, I would urge you to check out Factcheck.org, a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that aims to shine a light on every bit of deception in US politics. It doesn't take any money from either party, nor lobbyists, corporations or individuals. Besides which, I have tremendous respect for Brooks Jackson, the site's political director. That man is rad.

The site sifts most every ad for fact and fiction. It also goes through each debate and highlights the "inaccuracies" candidates slung at each other. The one on the Palin-Biden debate is particularly interesting to me. To me, it seems that one of them in particular is having a hard time sticking to the facts.

-x-
aarti

No comments:

 
all text and photographs on aartilla the fun © 2005-2009 Aarti Sequeira unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.