Thursday, September 18, 2008

5 Years!!



Today is Bren and my 5-year wedding anniversary. Can you believe it? It's also nearly our 12-year anniversary of having been together.

We have known each other since before we could legally drink. And just after he could legally vote. We have seen each other get fatter, thinner, happier, sadder, braver, scaredy cat'ed-er... and we still get excited to wake up to each other every morning.

Bren is definitely the biggest blessing in my life. I am so thankful for him.

Bren, do you have anything to say?

B: Since you said all the nice things and stuff already, I'm only going to sound like an echo machine.

A: No you won't!

B: I guess I won't because echo machines can't type. They only spit out ticker tape.

A: Um, that's... right?

B: And if I could, I'd throw a ticker tape parade for you. 'Cos I think everyone in the whole universe and at least two out of three of the neighboring universes should know how amazing you are, how talented and lovely and interesting and perfectly cool and askance, that's right I said askance and I know it's not meant to be used in this context but I'm going to use it and make it mean exactly what I want it to mean. And your side-long glances have always been a source of inspiration to me. They seem a distinct part of your lesson plan. And you're a key part of my lesson plan on this earth. And this life. And beyond I'm hoping. I thank the Lord for you every day. And He says you're welcome. And gives me a gift. Funnily it's the same gift he's been giving me for 12 years, but it's so good that I don't chastise Him for regifting. And 'cos you're no white elephant.

A:

B: p.s. Iloveyou

We took this first thing in the morning. Can you tell?



-x-
aarti

9 comments:

sbfl said...

Congratulations, you two! You are an inspiration to us all. I love you both! xoxo

aartilla the fun said...

THANKYOU!

bodaat said...

Congrat sis and bro-in-law! I was just telling somebody today that you've been together for about 12 years and then I read your post! Very happy for you two. Love, love to you both!

elizabeth said...

congrats!!

Unknown said...

wow! good work! your sleepy pics are great. love you both thiiiiiis much! Ehn! (stretches arms really big)

aartilla the fun said...

thankyou everybody!

sarah said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You two are ador-able.
I love the pictures so much.
And I'm really digging Bren's new coif.
Can't wait to see you both.

rustyboy said...

Um: tears.

All I gotta say.

Patte said...

Anniversary blessings to you!

 
all text and photographs on aartilla the fun © 2005-2009 Aarti Sequeira unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.