Monday, June 16, 2008

Wish me Luck!

For the past couple of weeks, I have been teaching some cooking/food basics to the women at the Harvest Home. These are women in crisis pregnancies, who have chosen to keep their babies (yippee!) but need some support to get through those nine months. They are given a place to stay, and food and all kinds of mentoring.

Tonight, I am doing my most adventurous class (it's only my third!). We are going to make an Indian spread tonight: veggie pulao with cashews, peas with paneer, Mum's cauliflower & potato bhaji, cucumber/mint/raisin raita (also mum's).

So keep your fingers crossed for me that I don't lead these women astray!

-x-
aarti

4 comments:

Bodaat said...

Umm, can I be a part of your class? Good luck sister! I'm sure that you don't need it though.

Patte said...

Sounds GREAT, Aarth! Can't wait to hear about how things went. I think that helping women learn how to cook creatively & internationally is a really beautiful way to come alongside them. Their children will be able to enjoy the blessing & benefit of having been taught to cook with LOVE. : )

Can't wait to see you & give you & Bun big ole hugs!

Rosesq said...

Good luck Aaru, Dad and I are so very proud of you. I am so happy that you are using your talents to help others and Glorify our Father in Heaven.

I will be with you in spirit and I will offer praise during today's charismatic prayer meeting on your behalf.In fact I will offer thanks and praise for all our three wonderful daughters and for Bren and Rich as well.

sarah said...

I just think that it's so neat that you do this. You are such a love. The ladies must really enjoy both your personality and your culinary skills.

 
all text and photographs on aartilla the fun © 2005-2009 Aarti Sequeira unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.