Monday, May 4, 2009

Robia LaMorte



This Saturday, our church held its seasonal women's brunch. I went, not knowing much about who was coming to speak, mostly drawn to the opportunity to help out in the kitchen. But oh, was I in for a treat!

Robia LaMorte was the guest speaker. I had never heard of her before but you might recognize her as "Pearl" of Prince's Diamond and Pearl. If you're a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, you may remember her as the love interest of Giles, the professor. She became a follower of Christ about three months into shooting Buffy, and her story is refreshing, reverently un-religious, and spoken in a language all of us can understand. At the same time she is full of reverence for God, and she has been given some unbelievable wisdom about Him... that He wants to set us free!

Want some freedom? I do.

She has totally re-invigorated me. I can't say enough good stuff about her. Check out her stuff! She's fabulous!

-x-

aarti

No comments:

 
all text and photographs on aartilla the fun © 2005-2009 Aarti Sequeira unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.