It has come to my attention that I have a thing for greens: Kale Frittata, Crazy Bastard Greens, Lion's Den Methi (Fresh Fenugreek Leaves), the Ugly Duckling Salad...
Perhaps it's because eating greens just makes you feel better about yourself and life in general. Heck, we know what spinach did for Popeye: not only did a can of the slimy stuff make his muscles blow up, they helped him get/keep his girl! Just imagine what greens could do for you!!
This might be my favorite way to prepare kale because it is a total surprise, flavour-wise. That hearty, masculine kale that we all know and love, pulls up its skirts and reveals its decidedly feminine side; it tastes positively SWEET! Isn't that wild? I love it!
And since I love bullet points too, here's some other reasons I love this salad:
- It's cheap (I made enough to last a couple of days for about $7)
- It's a snap to make, especially because there's no cooking involved
- Since there's no cooking involved, that means no turning on the stove, handy for the hot days ahead of us
- It lasts for days in the fridge and only gets better as it soaks up more dressing
- It goes with practically anything
- It's great to bring to cookouts because it can sit out, and not wilt.
Plus, you get to say that you massaged your kale. And no that's not a double entendre.
Although, if you go through all the atmosphere-setting steps I went through before I massaged my bowl of kale, people *might* think you're a weirdo. Don't know what I mean? Watch! Giggle! Get hungry and make it!! Repeat!
(Oh and make sure to click "HQ" if your computer can handle watching it in higher quality; it looks and sounds so much better).