Friday, January 23, 2009

Wuss I am.


Sorry for the late post! Today has been... a lot to take, good stuff, but a struggle nonetheless; whoever led me to believe that life would be easy as long as you were a good person was totally full of it! Aside from that, I've been feeling a bit wiped out I confess, because I am quite weak when it comes to debating. I'm actually horrible at confrontation, even if it's through a computer screen; I get emotionally involved which is why Bren always wins when we debate because he knows how to balance his emotions with his reasoning. Meh!

So I confess that while I am really, really, really happy that so many people have taken part in the "Life" debate (over 28 comments so far! Good Lord! You guys are amazing!), it's a bit overwhelming to be the only voice, apart from Bren's, in the face of so many who don't agree; I'm not asking for pity, I know I asked for it for goodness' sake. And I haven't changed my mind. It's just... exhausting, and maybe a little... deflating? Does that make sense? I don't know if you guys have ever been through that feeling, being the absolute minority opinion about something you feel strongly about. I'm sure you have. Anyway. Woe is me, right?!!!! I need to get over myself! I will keep commenting of course. I just thought I'd share a little honesty with you since that's what people seem to like best about this lil' blog o' mine ("I'm gonna let it shiiiine... this lil' blog o' miiiiine...)

For now, I am relishing in the Fleet Foxes' performance of "Mykonos" on SNL last week, hands down one of the best performances I have ever seen on SNL. Remember them? I posted their gorgeous stop-motion video for White Winter Hymnal last year. Watch this performance soon before the powers that be at NBC yank it off YouTube. I guarantee you'll watch it again and again!




-x-

aarti

3 comments:

Patty Jean said...

I know what you mean, I"m horrible at debating, and I'm such a compromiser that I just want to agree to disagree and let it be at that. I hate getting into a debate with people who love to argue, because they will never let it drop!

I also think you are particularly strong for posting your opinion and encouraging discussion, it's not easy. And, your faith and belief are so strong, it's hard for a person like me to put forth my ideas. So no feeling like a wuss, Miss Aarti! I won't allow it!

And I totally dug your shoes last night.

aartilla the fun said...

:) thankyou patty! :)

Anonymous said...

patty i disagree....just kidding...and why didn't i see these shoes?

 
all text and photographs on aartilla the fun © 2005-2009 Aarti Sequeira unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.